- HEAVY-DUTY PERFORMANCE AND OUTSTANDING PROPERTIES
- USER FRIENDLY
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- ON-SITE SUPPORT BY ACOTEC
- BENEFITS SPECIFIC FOR OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS MARKET
HEAVY-DUTY PERFORMANCE AND OUTSTANDING PROPERTIES
The Humidur® coatings are on the market since 1984. Since that first application, the system is claim-free from any failures on the coating and on the application, even in highly corrosive environments. The system has proven to be maintenance-free when there has been minimal or no mechanical impact.
Humidur® is a system designed to use in all kinds of water and has a high chemical resistance at the same time. The system has proven to be effective in salt, brackish, fresh, drinking and even waste water. It also protects steel tanks and pipes with more aggressive chemicals.
In the marine and shipping industry, the products may also be used in submerged, splash zone and tidal areas and in atmospheric zones. In other words, Humidur® is able to function on the complete structure. This is proven in practice on multiple structures for several decades!
Other properties include:
- Proven lifetime of over 30 years in highly corrosive environments
- Stops biological corrosion
- Practical results show adhesion strengths of over 20 MPa
- Can perform in a wide range of temperatures from -35°C up to 150°C
- Resistant to most fluids between pH 0 and 14
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Surface tolerant: minimal surface preparation can be done
- Unlimited overcoating
- Excellent cathodic disbondment resistance
- Any RAL-color is available (except anti-fouling)
- Humidur® gives a very smooth surface to increase the flow velocity of pipe structures
Humidur® has approvals for drinking water, offshore, petrochemical, etc. The coating system has also been approved by several governmental agencies such as: ABS (American Bureau of Shipping), CCS (Chinese Classification Society), USACE(United States Army Corps of Engineers), BAW (Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau), Norwegian Defense, etc.
Technical back-up is available from TNO, SGS, Royal Haskoning, University of Ghent, University of Antwerp, Maritime Academy of Antwerp, EXOVA, TÜV Rheinland, etc.